Dr. Varun Gogia
MBBS, MD – Ophthalmology
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Dr. Varun Gogia has done his complete training (MBBS, MD, Senior registrar) from the prestigious All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- 16+ Years Experience.
- Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery, Uveitis & ROP (AIIMS).
- Best Junior Resident Award for Ophthalmic Sciences (AIIMS).
- Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Silver award 2016 for Best Research.
- Chief Eye Surgeon, Asan Eye Clinic, Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- Senior Consultant Ophthalmology, Narayan Hospitals, Gurugram.
- Senior Consultant Ophthalmology, Akash Healthcare, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant Ophthalmology, Apollo Cradle Royal.
- Clinical Observer: Cole Eye Institute at Cleveland Clinic, USA (Nov 2012).
- More than 75 indexed research articles, 4 book chapters and 22 international presentations.
Education: AIIMS throughout ( MBBS, MD, Senior Registrar)
Speciality: Vitreoretina, cataract, uveitis, ROP, micro-vitrectomy systems.
Awards: best Junior Resident Award at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, topped the competitive MD exam at RPC.
Indian Journal of Ophthalmology Silver award 2016 for his study in posterior uveitis.
Pioneer: Surgical innovations related to uveal melanoma, endo-illuminator-assisted scleral buckling surgery for retinal detachment and has been instrumental in discovering new frontiers of treatment for serpiginious choroiditis.
Publications: more than 60 national and international scientific research publications to his credit.
Conferences: attended and presented his scientific research at more than 20 national and international conferences.
Experience: Before founding The IClinix, he had headed the retina division of Medanta Hospital.