Top Uveitis Specialist in Faridabad:
Uveitis is an inflammatory disease that can lead to swelling and distortion of eye tissues. This problem can lead to slightly reduce vision or vision loss. We use the term “Uveitis” as this disease affects the Uvea, a part of the eye. This problem is not just related to Uvea, it can affect lens, retina, optic nerve and vitreous. Uveitis is caused because of many inflammatory diseases, and mostly 20 to 60 years old people suffer from it. If you feel that your eyes are facing some serious problem, you can simply visit Dr Varun Gogia, Uveitis Specialist in Faridabad. He is a highly experienced Ophthalmologist who focuses on curing serious eye disorders. He operates at his own clinic i.e. IClinix- Advanced Eye Care. You can visit him and get rid of Uveitis.
Types of Uveitis treated in IClinix:
You may know, Uveitis harms the uvea, but do you know it starts spreading in the other areas of the eye, and eventually lead to blindness? Yes! That’s why it is important to diagnose it by time.
- Anterior Uveitis: Anterior Uveitis is also called as Iritis, is a type of inflammation in the front part of the Uvea (especially in the iris and ciliary body). This problem is mostly found in young and middle-aged people. It can cause pain, light sensitivity and blurriness.
- Intermediate Uveitis: Intermediate Uveitis is also known as Cyclitis, usually affects the vitreous humor- a clear gel in the centre of the eye. It is usually seen in young adults. It can cause floaters and blurriness.
- Posterior Uveitis: Posterior Uveitis is also called as Choroiditis and Retinitis, usually affects the backside of the eye. It is an uncommon type of Uveitis. It can lead to decreased or vision loss with the formation of Floaters.
- Pan-Uveitis: Pan-Uveitis is also called as Uveitis, cause inflammation that may harm the whole eye.
- Drug-induced Uveitis: There are some medications that can increase the risk of Uveitis. These reasons can be topical formulas, intraocular injections and medications, which can further lead to inflammation. If your doctor has perceived the medicine to you and you are facing any side effect from it, then do concern the Uveitis Specialist in Faridabad.
The Uveitis is also classified into Acute and Chronic problem, according to its time duration. So Acute Uveitis is Short-term, that clears up within a few weeks or months. It can be easily diagnosed. Chronic Uveitis lasts for several months to years and doesn’t cure by cleaning up. It requires proper treatment.
Treatments and Diagnosis of Uveitis:
Whenever you visit Dr Varun Gogia- Uveitis Specialist in Faridabad, he will examine your eye and gather the past health history. You may be asked to go through the following tests:
- Blood Tests
- Analysis of fluid from the eye
- Measurement of the thickness of the retinal tissues and determine the fluid quantity.
If the Doctor will feel that there is no serious reason behind the problem, he will suggest you the medical examination and laboratory tests. In other cases, he will suggest the proper treatment:
- Drugs to decrease Inflammation: At the initial stage, your doctor will prescribe eye drops with Anti-inflammatory medication or pills.
- Drugs to fight viruses and bacteria: If this problem is caused due to any sort of infection, the eye doctor will suggest some antibiotics or antiviral medications.
- Drugs to increase the immune system: If you feel that your both eyes are facing this problem, then you may need immunosuppressive or cytotoxic drugs.
- Vitrectomy: This surgery is used to remove the vitreous from your eyes, which is important to manage the condition.
- Surgery through which a device is implanted into the eye to provide sustainable medication: If a person is suffering from Posterior Uveitis, there is no compulsion to insert the device in the eye. This device may start coming out of the eye, within two or three years. Also, this may further lead to cataracts and glaucoma.
The recovery depends on the type of Uveitis. If it is in the back, it may take more time to treat, while in the case of the front side, it will cure at a fast pace. So if you ever feel any symptoms in the eye, you should visit Dr Varun Gogia.
Whenever you visit Dr Varun Gogia, make sure to do the following:
- List the symptoms.
- List the key personal information related to past medical history.
- List the past Medicines that you had.
- Ask your family to come with you, so that doctor can inform them everything regarding the problem.
- Do ask the question.