Cataracts cause clouding of the clear lens of the eye leading to either diminished vision or degrade the quality of vision. Most cataracts develop due to ageing, but they can occasionally occur in infants and young children too.
Management of Cataract involves surgical removal of the natural cataractous lens and replace it with an artificial one, called Intraocular Lens (IOL). The artificial lens used is durable and usually lasts a lifetime.
Iclinix offers state of art ultra-high precision surgery for the management of Cataract
Micro Incision Cataract Surgery (MICS)
- Requires a very small incision of about 2 mm
- Cataract is emulsified into small pieces by phacoemulsification and a foldable IOL is implanted
- Walk-in, Walk-out procedure
- Stitchless, bloodless, painless surgery
- Quick healing and post-operative recovery
- Requires a small incision of 2.8 mm
- Stitchless surgery
- Cataract is emulsified and removed using an ultrasonic phacoemulsification probe
- Foldable IOL is implanted